I love the moisturizing benefits and the luxurious feel of body butter. Here’s a popular DIY recipe for an essential oil body butter you can make at home:
- 1/2 cup shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond oil
- 15-20 drops of your favorite essential oil (such as lavender, peppermint, or )
- In a double boiler, melt the shea butter and coconut oil together.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in the almond oil.
- Allow the mixture to cool to room temperature, then place it in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture starts to solidify.
- Once the mixture has solidified, use a hand mixer or stand mixer to whip the mixture until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Add in your desired essential oil and mix until well combined.
- Store your body butter in an airtight container and use as needed.
Enjoy your homemade essential oil body butter!
My favorite oils for this recipe are: