Life is stressful. And the past few years have created some all new worries and stressors. I’ve been so glad for my essential oils to help me manage my mood when I’ve been anxious, discouraged, worried or distressed. Here are some suggestions on ways you can improve your mood!
Feeling Worried or Anxious?
- Cedarwood: Diffuse after a stressful day to relax the mind and body.
- Geranium: Diffuse aromatically to calm nerves.
- Serenity™ Calming Blend: Diffuse to help promote relaxation and peace.
- AromaTouch® Massage Blend: Add to bath or use with carrier oil for massage. This one does wonders for me in reducing tension.
- Frankincense: Apply to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Roman Chamomile: Add 1–2 drops to herbal teas to soothe the body and mind.
- Vetiver: Diffuse aromatically or use topically with other calming essential oils, such as Lavender, Serenity, or Balance, to better help calm stress.
Tired or Unmotivated?
Sharpen focus while studying or reading by diffusing.
- Peppermint: Apply to the palms of hands and deeply inhale for a quick pick-me-up.
- Motivate: Apply doTERRA Motivate Touch to your temples and the back of your neck.
- Citrus Bliss®: Diffuse aromatically or put one drop on your wrists and rub them together for an uplifting everyday perfume.
- Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense: Energize the mind and body by placing two drops each of Wild Orange, Peppermint, and Frankincense in the palm of your hand. Rub palms together and inhale deeply.
- Bergamot: Diffuse in the classroom or at work during high stress levels.
- Aromatherapy Jewelry: Use your favorite “pick me up” essential oils or blends along with aromatherapy Jewelry (necklaces, bracelets, etc.)
Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to lessen stress and tension.
- Patchouli: Rub on temples or apply to the bottoms of feet to calm emotions. This is a great oil for me when I am feeling irrationally angry about something.
- Ylang Ylang: Put a few drops into Epsom salt bath for relaxation.
- Rosemary: Diffuse aromatically or apply topically to help reduce tension, stress, and fatigue.
- Lavender: Add to bath water to soak away stress or apply to the temples and the back of the neck to ease muscle tension.
- Balance™ Grounding Blend: Apply to wrists or neck to help calm nerves. Balance is my first choice when feeling restless.
- InTune® Focus Blend: Apply to temples and back of neck to enhance concentration when feeling tired mid-afternoon.
Find your favorite oils to improve your mood
There are so many wonderful oils you can use to improve your mood. Experiment and see which work best for you!